Personal Care Personalized for You
Through the years, even our most active residents may experience a growing need for assisted living in day-to-day routines. At Ecumenical, we extend a compassionate helping hand where the focus is on personal care services in senior living. Our focus is to maintain these residents’ independence and dignity, while enriching the lives of those who call our community home.
Life with Our Personal Care Services includes:
- Aid with daily routines through assisted living and care
- The privacy of apartment-style retirement living
- Staff support 24 hours every day, including medical assistance
- Three chef-prepared meals a day served restaurant style
- An all-inclusive rental fee that includes heat, air conditioning, electricity, basic cable
- A pet-friendly and welcoming community
- Weekly housekeeping, laundry and linen services
- Scheduled transportation to appointments, shopping, errands, places of worship
- Diverse social and recreational activities throughout the week
- Accommodations for couples with different care needs to live together
- Healthy-living wellness and fitness programs led by our professional staff
- Onsite salon and spa services for men and women
- And more
Personalizing Your Needs
We’re here to assist you and your family to find what you need, when you need it. We are available any day of the week for your convenience. Contact us today to schedule your personalized visit and meet our wonderful resident and team. We look forward to meeting you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the difference between a personal care community and a nursing home?
A: As recently as the mid-1980s, the limited options for seniors needing assistance were living with a family member or living in a nursing home. There was really no place for a senior who needed some assistance with dressing, bathing and meals but did not need an around-the-clock skilled nursing facility. For many high functioning seniors who live with some challenges, living in a nursing homewith lower functioning residents can be depressing and debilitating.
In many cases, living in a personal care homelike Ecumenical Retirement Community will focus on a resident’s remaining strengths and abilities. In other words, focus on what tasks the resident still can do on his or her own rather than emphasizing those areas in which the resident can’t.
Q: How do I know when it’s time for personal care?
A: If you or someone you love is finding it increasingly difficult to manage daily routines, you are not alone. Personal careservices typically are recommended when an older adult requires occasional or on-going support with daily activities or routines. A supportive living environment with access to qualified caregivers can make a world of difference to individuals with a goal to retain as much of their independence as possible.
Evaluate if you or your loved one is having challenges with any of these areas:
- Medical visits (frequent doctors’ visits, replying on others to take you, recent falls, recent hospital admissions)
- Medication management (difficulty filling prescriptions, hard to interpret pharmacist’s instructions, missed dosages)
- Meal preparation (difficulty planning meals or cooking, skipping meals, challenging to grocery shop)
- Driving abilities (lack of confidence due to hearing, vision or walking issues, recent auto accident)
- Home responsibilities (overwhelmed with paying bills or managing bank account, difficulty performing chores, feeling fearful or anxious when alone)
- Personal connections (have given up favorite activities, relying more on others for help)